Founded in 1989, Kaleidoscope is an innovation and design consultancy. We form lasting partnerships with our clients to uncover meaningful insights, create new ideas and deliver products, services and experiences that transform business. We offer strategically developed deep subject matter expertise across key industries, positioning us to deliver unprecedented value in each. Our depth of knowledge provides a catalyst that generates new insights, ideas, products and services.
Our team of talented strategists, researchers, designers and engineers combine their expertise with a share a passion to make the world a better place for our clients, their customers and consumers. We are honored to have such long standing and new business partnerships with Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola, Ford, Smith & Nephew, Microsoft and Whirlpool.
If you’d like to join our team of designers and product developers, we’d like to talk with you!
Please note that Kaleidoscope does not provide monetary assistance with a visa of any kind.
Our Engineering team solves our customers most difficult problems in areas such as wearable technology, eye surgery, water filtration, blood analysis or man-machine interfaces just to name a few.
Kaleidoscope is looking for a mechanical engineer who can lead the development of world changing products. The ideal candidate is creative, has diverse problem solving skills and enjoys analysis and modeling as much as getting their hands dirty testing concepts in the lab.
- Collaborates with clients to identify and understand challenges and explore and develop innovative engineering solutions
- Executes high quality design solutions with a great deal of autonomy
- Manages presentations and other deliverables for internal and external audiences
- Creates detailed 3D CAD models of parts and assemblies with high efficiency
- Assist with development of detailed product documentation, plans, proposals
- Recommends process changes to improve quality, cost and schedule
- Understands and delivers products that meet ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards
- Participates in the development of proposals and sizings for projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering required
- Experience in new product development, required
- Experience in healthcare or medical devices, preferred
- 0-3 years of relevant industry experience (medical device, consumer goods, consumer/commercial electronics)
- Experience designing in 3D CAD required, Solidworks preferred
- Experience working in a laboratory environment with advanced testing and analysis instrumentation
- Experience facilitating creative problem solving sessions a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a variety of methods at a high degree of professionalism.
- High level of interpersonal and human relations skills in dealings with colleagues and clients
- Proven success managing competing demands and balancing multiple priorities while ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to maintain rational and objective demeanor/actions when faced with stressful and/or emotional situations
- Proficiency with MS Office/Project, ideally versed in Adobe Creative Suite