Please review. One of the listings requires a Master’s Degree. So you might not have one just yet, but it’s always good to know what employers are looking for…
Research Engineer – Orthopaedic Biomechanics – Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit, MI)
The motion analysis laboratory at Henry Ford Hospital is seeking a full-time research engineer. The ideal candidate will have a background in biomedical or mechanical engineering and a strong interest in the biomechanics of human movement. This individual will be involved with all aspects of research being conducted in the motion analysis laboratory. Responsibilities include project planning, patient testing, data analysis, statistical analysis, and manuscript preparation. A masters degree and experience in orthopaedic research, human movement analysis, sports biomechanics or motor control are desirable. Experience with computer programming or laboratory equipment design are desirable but not required.
The motion analysis laboratory includes a biplane x-ray digital imaging system for high-speed analysis of dynamic in-vivo joint function, two 1000 frame/s digital video cameras, a 5-camera 240 frame/s 3D video-motion analysis system, force platforms, EMG, and extensive computer hardware/software for data collection and visualization. Primary research interests are in orthopaedic/sports biomechanics as related to joint and soft-tissue function, disease, injury and repair.
The position is available immediately and will be filled as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified. Salary is competitive and based on experience with an excellent benefits package. Interested and qualified applicants should send a letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and names and contact information for at least three references to the address listed below. E-mail applications can be sent to the address listed below. Henry Ford Health System is an AA/EO Employer.
Michael J. Bey, PhD
Henry Ford Health System
Bone and Joint Center; ER2015
2799 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48202
Here is the Second posting…
Biomechanics Research Associate – Brooks Sports Human Performance Lab Seattle, WA
As our Biomechanics Research Associate, you’ll carry out the research and development of our footwear and apparel products, executing research projects to develop the best in class product in regards to performance, fit, comfort and injury prevention. You will become a resident expert of all the biomechanical and mechanical testing done in our state of the art Human Performance Lab, and will participate in development of new tools, methods and procedures that will streamline data analysis. You will participate in projects that will require collaborative work with the innovation, design, development, and merchandising teams to bring to life relevant consumer insights and integrate them into our product line, to provide running products that are desired by our customers.
§ Proficiency in lower extremity anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of running/walking
§ Understand basic running shoe design features and components preferred
§ Be responsible for biomechanical lab testing (3D motion analysis, high speed video, plantar pressure systems) including subject preparation, data collection, data analysis and development of reports using MS Office Suite software
§ Perform mechanical lab testing of polymeric materials, components, and product (shoes and apparel).
§ Update and expand database of all current Brooks biomechanics test methods and benchmark against industry standards
§ Improve existing test methods primarily via automation of data processing
§ Responsible for reporting validation test results to provide guidance and direction to the design, development, innovation and merchandising teams. This involves possessing the understanding and knowledge to correlate wear test, mechanical and biomechanical test results into a comprehensive understanding of the performance of our running products in relation to comfort, fit, efficiency, and injury prevention.
§ Assist in the development of new test procedures including multisegment foot models, full body modeling
and other biomechanics models necessary to expand our testing abilities
§ Contribute to learning opportunities for the footwear team through periodic presentations of new research and developments in performance testing and biomechanics of footwear design
§ Contribute to visibility of lab expertise and developments through periodic tours and demonstrations
§ Participate in biomechanical projects to research new areas in footwear and apparel design and improve biomechanical performance of our products.
• M.Sc. in Biomechanics, or related field including Engineering, Kinesiology, Physiology, Exercise Science, Human Factors, or Ergonomics.
• 2-3 years’ experience in lieu of a graduate degree.
• Possess a thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics of running, biomechanical principles and experimental design and statistical methods.
• Demonstrate an understanding of performance and injury mechanisms for running.
• Experience in use of biomechanics systems for analyzing running/walking gait (3D mocap systems (Motion Analysis, Vicon, Qualysis), Visual 3D, plantar pressure systems (Novel, Tekscan))
• Experience in writing programs (matlab, visual 3D, Labview, C/C++) is a plus
• Exposure to industrial research experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of footwear and product creation processes is a plus
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Computer proficiency with office software; MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
Please apply at:
Job Board Vanity URL